DDS, National Taiwan University, 1983
PhD, National Taiwan University, 2003
Diploma of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery National Taiwan University, 1989
Associate Professor National Taiwan University, 2003
Division Head of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery National Taiwan University Hospital, 2007
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral Implantology
- Orthognathic Surgery
Main Research Interests
Pathogenesis and Treatment of Oral Cancers
Using techniques in molecular biology to study the changes of oncogenes, tumor suppressor genes and other genetic markers in oral cancers. Correlating the clinical parameters with the genetic changes to found a database of molecular epidemiology for oral cancers in Taiwan. According to the above information to establish rational protocols for prevention and treatment of oral cancers.
Biological responses and clinical applications of various forms of dental implants. The efficacy of various bone graft procedures in conjunction with implant surgery.
Clinical efficacy of various orthognathic procedures, especially facial soft tissue changes produced by the surgery.
- Hou KL, Lin SK, Chao LH, Hsiang-Hua Lai E, Chang CC, Shun CT, Lu WY, Wang JH, Hsiao M, Hong CY and Kok SH (2017). Sirtuin 6 suppresses hypoxia-induced inflammatory response in human osteoblasts via inhibition of reactive oxygen species production and glycolysis-A therapeutic implication in inflammatory bone resorption. Biofactors 43: 170-180. (SCI)
- Kok SH, Hou KL, Hong CY, Chao LH, Lai EH, Wang HW, Yang H, Shun CT, Wang JS, Lin SK (2015). Sirtuin 6 modulates hypoxia-induced apoptosis in osteoblasts via inhibition of glycolysis: implication for pathogenesis of periapical lesions. Journal of Endodontics 41(10):1631-7. (SCI)
- Ko HH, Lee JJ, Chen HM, Kok SH, Kuo MYP, Cheng SJ, Chiang CP (2015). Upregulation of vascular endothelial growth factor mRNA level is significantly related to progression and prognosis of oral squamous cell carcinomas. Journal of the Formosan Medical Association 114:605-611. (SCI)
- Ho Y, Kok SH, Wang JS and Lin LD (2014). Translucent titanium coating altered the composition of focal adhesions and promoted migration of osteoblast-like MG-63 cells on glass. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A 102: 1187-1201. (SCI)
- Chen MH, Chang JZC, Kok SH, Chen YJ, Huang YD, Cheng KY and Lin CP (2014). Intraobserver reliability of landmark identification in cone-beam computed tomography-synthesized two-dimensional cephalograms versus conventional cephalometric radiography: A preliminary study. Journal of Dental Sciences 9: 56-62. (SCI)
- Lee JJ, Cheng SJ, Wang YP, Jeng JH, Chiang CP, Kok SH(2013). Osteonecrosis of the jaws associated with the use of yearly zoledronic acid: Report of 2 cases. Head and Neck-Journal for The Sciences and Specialties of The Head and Neck 35(1):E6-10. doi: 10.1002/hed.21758. (SCI)
- Kok SH, Lin LD, Hou KL, Hong CY, Chang CC, Hsiao M, Wang JH, Lai EH, Lin SK (2013). Simvastatin inhibits Cyr61 expression in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts through the regulation of SIRT1/FoxO3a signaling. Arthritis and Rheumatism 65(3):639-49. (SCI)
- Cheng SJ, Lee JJ, Cheng SL, Chen HM, Chang HH, Wang YP, Kok SH, Kuo MYP, Chiang CP (2012). Increased serum placenta growth factor level is significantly associated with progression, recurrence and poor prognosis of oral squamous cell carcinoma. Oral Oncology 48(5):424-28. (SCI)
- Ho Y, Kok SH, Wang JS, Lin LD (2012). Translucent Titanium Coating Facilitates Observation of Osteoblast Migration Behavior on a Titanium Surface. International Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Implants 27(2):278-87. (SCI)
- Kok SHKSH, Hou KL, Hong CY, Wang JS, Liang PC, Chang CC, Hsiao M, Yang HA, Lai EHH, Lin SK (2011). Simvastatin Inhibits Cytokine-Stimulated Cyr61 Expression in Osteoblastic Cells A Therapeutic Benefit for Arthritis. Arthritis and Rheumatism 63(4):1010-20. (SCI)