DDS, National Taiwan University, 1985
MS, National Taiwan University, 1992
UCSF, clinical study, 1992-1993
Main Research Interests
Study of nursing caries
Dental caries of primary teeth in preschool children is a serious disease in Taiwan. Several disease specific studies of nursing caries need to be explored such as investigate the demographic variable (age, sex, race, socioeconomic status, level of parents' education --etc.), and characterize risk behaviors regarding nutritional habits and cleaning habits. The aim of the study are to obtain the prevalence data and to characterize the contributing factors of nursing caries , therefore we can establish proper public health education program targeted on high risk group children and families .
Effects of laser irradiation on pit and fissure caries
Laser preventive therapy has significant potential for cariogenic challenge. However, the comparison of the effectiveness of different lasers on caries prevention has not been investigated, especially the caries-susceptible pit and fissure. F can hardly penetrate into the deep, narrow fissure base and the combined use of laser and fluoride for the purpose of developing new and more effective procedures for caries prevention.The purpose of this in vitro study was to determine which type of laser was most effective to prevent caries formation on enamel and was to establish the optimal treatment proccdure of the combined use of laser and fluoride and evaluate the F effect on pit and fissure by polarized light microscopic observation, microradiography, scanning electron microscopy and X-ray diffraction.
- Chang HH, Chang MC, Wu IH, Huang GF, Huang WL, Wang YL, Lee SY, Yeh CY, Guo MK, Chan CP, Hsien HC, Jeng JH (2015). Role of ALK5/Smad2/3 and MEK1/ERK signaling in TGF-β1-modulated growth, collagen turnover and differentiation of stem cells from apical papilla of human tooth. Journal of Endodontics 41: 1272-1280. (SCI)
- Wang YC, Huang GF, Cheng YJ, Chen HM, Yang H, Lin CP, Huang HH and Huang CH (2015). Analysis of clinical characteristics, dental treatment performed, and postoperative complications of 200 patients treated under general anesthesia in a special needs dental clinic in northern Taiwan. Journal of Dental Sciences 10: 172-175. (SCI)
- Wang YL, Chang CC, Chi CW, Chang HH, Chiang YC, Chuang YC, Chang HH, Huang GF, Liao YS and Lin CP (2014). Erosive potential of soft drinks on human enamel: An in vitro study. Journal of the Formosan Medical Association 113: 850-856. (SCI)
- Chang HH, Chang MC, Wang HH, Huang GF, Lee YL, Wang YL, Chan CP, Yeung SY, Tseng SK and Jeng JH (2014). Urethane dimethacrylate induces cytotoxicity and regulates cyclooxygenase-2, hemeoxygenase and carboxylesterase expression in human dental pulp cells. Acta Biomaterialia 10: 722-731. (SCI)
- Wang YL, Chang HH, Kuo CI, Chen SK, Guo MK, Huang GF and Lin CP (2013). A study on the root canal morphology of primary molars by high-resolution computed tomography. Journal of Dental Sciences 8: 321-327. (SCI)
- Wang YL, Chang HH, Chang JYF, Huang GF, Guo MK (2009). Retrospective Survey of Biopsied Oral Lesions in Pediatric Patients. Journal of the Formosan Medical Association 108(11):862-71. (SCI)
- Chang HH, Wang YL, Chen HJ, Huang GF, Guo MK (2006). Root fracture of immature permanent incisors - a case report. Dental Traumatology 22(4):218-20. (SCI)
- 唐金蓮, 黃桂芬, 王姻麟, 張曉華, 宋維村, 郭敏光 (2006). 影響孩童第一次看牙行為因素的探討. 中華牙醫學雜誌（中文版） 25(1):1-6.
- Kuo CI, Wang YL, Chang HH, Huang GF, Lin CP, Li UM, Guo MK (2006). Application of Ni-Ti Files for pulpectomy in primary molars—method and short term clinical results. Journal of Dental Sciences 1(1):10-15.
- Chang HH, Guo MK, Kasten FH, Chang MC, Huang GF, Wang YL, Wang RS, Jeng JH (2005). Stimulation of glutathione depletion, ROS production and cell cycle arrest of dental pulp cells and gingival epithelial cells by HEMA. Biomaterials 26(7):745-53. (SCI)